If you are a social media lover, you might have come across the fun pool floats. No longer for kids, grownups have embraced them and relax on their favorite unicorn and swan floaties.
The recent surge in demand has resulted in many brands producing varying models, making it hard to choose the best. However, finding the best pool floats is easier than you can imagine and are affordable.
You can never get a better way to enjoy the summer sun than using these items, and that is why we have reviewed the top 13 models.
13 Pool Floats – Top Pick 2019 Reviews
Here are the top 13 pool floats that you can find on the market today. We have reviewed their features, pros, and cons.
1. Aqua Monterey 4-in-1 Multi-Purpose Inflatable Hammock[su_beksbackyard asin=”B073WMYP6M” imgid=”91x%2BHyv0dmL”]
Aqua Monterey 4-in-1 is a multi-purpose model that was designed for adults and measures 44 x 38 inches. It easily converts to a drifter, exercise saddle, lounge chair, and hammock.
The unit is made of comfortable, luxurious cool-weave material which bends comfortably to you resting position. Besides, it is a pack-and-go model that you can take whenever you want without any hassle.
There are air pillows that inflate and deflate quickly, and it boasts of duo-lock valves for useful portability. The unit is recommended for people of age 15 plus and can hold a maximum weight of 250 pounds.
You will also find it easy to get on/off the floater without requiring any help from another person.
- Easy to get on/off
- Pack-and-go model
- Easy to move around
- Made of light material
2. Free Swimming Baby Inflatable Baby Swimming Float[su_beksbackyard asin=”B072N2J366″ imgid=”71IxV%2BDlk1L”]
Free Swimming Baby Inflatable is recommended for age 3-36 months, making it the right model for toddlers. It can easily hold up to 24 pounds, or you can contact the support team to get a model that will suit your baby.
The model was designed to help your baby to learn how to swim using the right posture. One thing you should note about the float is that it is supported by the shoulder to prevent it from sliding down.
Also, the new version has leg support (not present in classic blue) that can make your baby swim even better. The unit is easy to inflate and deflate and folds easily when the time comes for transporting and storing.
- Made of safe material
- Comes with guarantee
- For 6 month old
- Not durable
3. Swimways Baby Spring Float Sun with Canopy[su_beksbackyard asin=”B01N52SYAZ” imgid=”913Sf7BhuML”]
The Swimways Baby Spring Float was designed to help the parent introduce the baby to water by relaxing. It provides the ultimate comfort thanks to the soft mesh seat that comes with leg holes to enable the baby to kick underwater.
The gear is ideal for 2 year old kids and comes with child safety valves, patented innerspring, and dual air chambers which add stability when in the water. Besides, there is a removable canopy that protects you from the UV rays.
The model folds easily to let you transport and store it without any hassle, and there is a carrying case. It is gear for traveling with.
- For 9-24 months babies
- Has a carrying case
- UV rays protected
- Sides get worn out
4. Intex Sit N Float Inflatable Lounge[su_beksbackyard asin=”B000OV0X4S” imgid=”51IFUzOpg%2BL”]
Intex Sit N Float Inflatable Lounge is made of plastic material that provides the durability you desire. It measures 60 x 39 inches and is perfect for summer when basking in the sun rays.
Another feature of the model is the unique design that adds to the fun of the user. Also, it comes with two handles that helps you to remain stable when inside your swimming pool.
The best thing is that you can choose the color to buy to ensure that it matches your pool’s décor. And if it gets punctured, you can use the included repair patch to mend it.
- Comes in different colors
- Has handles
- Repair patch provided
- Cannot spread your body
5. Jasonwell Giant Inflatable Unicorn Pool Float[su_beksbackyard asin=”B07BMM7JY8″ imgid=”81ERroLL9HL”]
Jasonwell Giant Inflatable Unicorn Pool Float is recommended for large adults and measures 114 x 47 inches when inflated. It can easily hold two grownups of 200 pounds each and remain on the water.
The model is made of thick, soft, and durable, high-quality material to ensure that it lasts for years. Some valves can help you to inflate and deflate the unicorn 5x faster than most gears out there.
Moreover, you can inflate it with your hairdryer or toy air pump. If you like, you can give this float to your kids as a birthday present.
- Easy to inflate and deflate
- Ideal birthday gift
- Made of quality material
- Mainly for adults
6. Jasonwell Inflatable Diamond Ring Pool Float[su_beksbackyard asin=”B07LG8NRQP” imgid=”61t6V%2BVcUWL”]
Another model that can work for adults and kids is the Jasonwell Inflatable Diamond Ring Pool Float. The model measures 61 x 42 inches when fully inflated to hold you and give you a great time when in your pool.
It brings out fun and surprise to the whole family, and its shape makes it delicious and attractive. Like all Jasonwell models, the unit comes with fast valves that let you inflate and deflate it 5x faster.
Also, you can use a toy air pump or hairdryer to inflate it. It is ideal for a place with pool parties as adults can hang on them as they enjoy the pool.
- Made to last for years
- For whole family use
- For pool parties
- It can tip over
7. Intex Frost Tube Inflatable Sturdy Swim Pool – 4-Pack[su_beksbackyard asin=”B01FRDJJ3S” imgid=”81Gd5wlI2XL”]
You get four tubes with different colors when you buy the Intex Frost Tube Inflatable Sturdy Swim Pool. These come in yellow, orange, and pink colors as well as cool neon.
The tubes come with a 36 inches diameter which is enough to hold a person of 9 years and older. One great feature of the unit is the smooth inner seam that makes it a joy to use.
It was made to last for long, and you can quickly seal any leak that occurs when using them. These floats are also easy to move around.
- 4-in-1 model
- Comes in different colors
- Easy to seal the leaks
- For 9 years and above
8. Jasonwell Inflatable Avocado Pool Float[su_beksbackyard asin=”B07LG9RJT7″ imgid=”71yWVbQjQcL”]
The giant avocado from Jasonwell is the ideal model for pregnancy as it comes in excellent shape for resting the body. It measures 65 x 49 x 10 inches when fully inflated, making it suitable for grownups.
There is also a brown inflatable ball that you can use to play while relaxing on the float. That means it is a great model for kids too and comes in thick, soft, and durable premium material.
There are also fast valves that let you inflate and deflate the float 5x faster than other brands out there. It is also an affordable model that you can get for your kids to enjoy during the summer.
- Giant float
- Made of quality material
- Best for summer
- Not well-stitched
9. BigMouth Inc. Giant Man-Eating SharkPool Float[su_beksbackyard asin=”B078T5FYFW” imgid=”81uLM-ByuFL”]
BigMouth Inc. Giant Ma-Eating SharkPool Float is a considerable model that can work well for dogs thanks to its design. It is four feet tall and a fun way to relax in the lake, beach, or pool all summer.
It easily held a maximum of 200 pounds and was made to be durable. Its durability is guaranteed by the fact that it is UV resistant, durable, and made of quality material.
There is also a patch kit for sealing any leak that might occur when using the float. It is easy to clean, inflate, and deflate the pool float, and you can be sure it is safe.
- Holds 200 pounds
- For various purpose
- UV treated
- Starts to leak
10. Poolmaster Catalina Chair Swimming Pool Float[su_beksbackyard asin=”B01N6L7FIF” imgid=”8106MteiEvL”]
Poolmaster Catalina Chair Swimming Pool Float is a set of two water chairs that coordinate together. You can use the float for reading purpose, rest on one and store your books on the other.
It comes with a triangle-shape design that elevates your back to keep it in its natural position when sitting. Besides, the open seat easily fits all types of the body as well as shapes.
It is straightforward to use the gear and is durable.
- Provides elevated sitting
- Made of quality material
- For all body shapes
- One chair can drift away
11. Intex Inflatable 36” Giant Tire Tubes[su_beksbackyard asin=”B00C1U0430″ imgid=”71h0QK6zm8L”]
Here you get four tires that you can use to rest on with your friends. Also, you can use the set as a play area for dogs. The model is easy to carry around to let you take them to the beach or lake when you go out camping.
These tires are recommended for people of 9 years and above and remain comfortable when using them. Besides, they were made to last for years to ensure that you get value for your money.
- Lasts for a long time
- Don’t start to leak
- For ages 9 years plus
- Can be bulky
12. JOYIN Giant Inflatable Pizza Slice Pool Float[su_beksbackyard asin=”B076H9CX6D” imgid=”91GkwQCMonL”]
The deflated size of the JOYIN Giant Inflatable Pizza is 74.75 x 61.25 inches and can hold a grownup with ease. It comes with a great design that lets you rest your head when relaxing in your pool.
As a model with cup holders, you can take your drink with you when heading to the pool, lake, or beach. It also comes with two air chambers and four raft connectors.
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- UV fade resistant
- Holds up to 300 pounds
- Comes as a single slice
13. GoFloats ‘Great White Bite’ Shark Party Tube Inflatable Raft[su_beksbackyard asin=”B07Q33DDXJ” imgid=”81QtTA2PtWL”]
GoFloats ‘Great White Bite’ is the right model for people who hold parties regularly. It is a model that offers value for money and measures 4 x 2.5 feet tall to make it perfect for swimmers of up to 500 pounds.
Another feature of the model is the premium UV-treated vinyl material which is 25% thicker than most fabrics. Also, the model provides the user with rapid valve inflation, which inflates the float 10x faster than most models out there.
- Comes from a reputable company
- 10x inflation rate
- Holds over 500 pounds
- Slightly expensive
Types of Swimming Pool Floats
You can decide to choose a raft or float, depending on your preference and lifestyle. Here below are the different types of floats you can get out there.
- Side-by-side pool float – These models are made of two people who want to spend time together in the lake, pool, pond, or beach. You can face each other or the same direction when using this float.
- Classic pool float – It lets you lie flat as you enjoy the sun rays while inside your swimming pool. They come in different shapes and sizes, such as mesh, foam, and inflatable.
- Fun pool floats – These models are made to provide entertainment and comfort when moving around. They come in all manner of sizes, shapes, and colors. You can also decide to choose animal shapes like swans, dinosaur, and flamingos or food like ice cream, pizza, and sandwich.
- Family pool float – They are ideal for people with a family and want a single unit that can hold all the members. They look like rafts but come with extra features that add to the comfort of the float.
Things to Consider
Here is a list of the things that you should consider when buying a pool float:
- Portability – Choose a portable model that you can take to the lake and beach.
- Durability – Get a float that will last for years.
- Easy to inflate/deflate – It will save you time and effort.
- Weight support – It should hold the weight of the person who will be using it
- Price – Choose a model that you can afford.
Now you can head out and choose the best pool floats for your family use. There are models for adults, kids, and dogs. These gears provide a lot of fun to the user and are meant for summer use.